Shoes Against Modern Day Slavery
Since 2010, January has been recognized as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month. During this month we take the time to observe and recognize the different forms of modern day slavery and educating others about human trafficking and how to identify and spot it out. In January we also make the effort to highlight and celebrate the actions taken and efforts made by communities and organizations that actively work towards anti-trafficking enforcement through businesses, private individuals, survivor advocates, and state law enforcement.
Though we are but a small sneaker business in Southern California, we want to do our part in helping this movement in breaking down and doing away with Human Trafficking and Modern Day Slavery by helping raise donations to Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking. Every sale of our Blue ButterFLY Nike AF1s and Blue Butterfly Slip On Vans made in the month of January will have a portion of its proceeds be donated to CAST LA.
Everyone can do their part in helping support and raise awareness of National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month. Here are some resources and organizations if you are looking for more information or help to end human trafficking.
- Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST LA) - "The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) is a Los Angeles–based nonprofit organization that is working to put an end to modern slavery and human trafficking through comprehensive, life-transforming services to survivors and a platform to advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation."
- LOVE146 - "Love146 is an international human rights organization working to end child trafficking and exploitation through survivor care and prevention. The trafficking and exploitation of children is one of the darkest stories and most severe human rights abuses imaginable. But for us, the hope of ending it is a reality. Love146 is helping grow the movement to end child trafficking while providing effective, thoughtful solutions. We believe in the power of love and its ability to effect sustainable change. Love is the foundation of our motivation."
- Coalition Against Trafficking in Women - "The Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (CATW) is one of the oldest international organizations working to end the trafficking and sexual exploitation of women and girls. Through an approach rooted in women’s rights and human rights principles, we advocate for strong laws and policies, raise public awareness and support survivor leadership."
- End Slavery Now - "End Slavery Now believes we all have a role in ending slavery. We try to illustrate the many different ways normal, everyday individuals can get involved in the fight. From volunteer opportunities to resource sharing to curating all of the different opportunities to take action, our tools are designed to assist you when you ask: What can I do?"
- UNITAS - "Our vision is a world where no person is trafficked or exploited. Our mission is to prevent human trafficking and exploitation through education and awareness and to help provide opportunities for the survivors to thrive."